Latest Posts

Topic: How AIs are looking at Widelands

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-06-17, 11:24

I asked an alternative to ChatGPT called "Teach Anything" the following question:

'Which tribe in the game "Widelands" is the strongest?'

Answer:

'Principle:

As a language model, my understanding of the strength of tribes in the game "Widelands" is based on the statistical analysis of the game's mechanics and the different attributes of each tribe. The strength of a tribe can be determined by its ability to efficiently manage its resources, build a strong economy, and effectively defend itself against enemy attacks. Additionally, the strength of a tribe can also be influenced by its unique characteristics and special abilities.

Application:

Based on the analysis of the game mechanics, the strongest tribe in "Widelands" is the Empire tribe. The Empire tribe has a unique ability to generate a large amount of gold, which allows them to quickly build a strong economy and expand their territory. They also have access to powerful military units that can effectively defend against enemy attacks. Additionally, the Empire tribe has a variety of unique buildings and technologies that allow them to produce advanced units and improve their economic performance. Overall, the Empire tribe is the most well-rounded and powerful tribe in "Widelands", making it an excellent choice for players looking for a strong and versatile tribe to play with.'

LOL

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2023-06-17, 23:15

I guess this is another example that a language model is not really an AI, only a bullsh*t generator. And I almost got impressed by the principle part of the answer, until I started reading the application part…

But this is even more puzzling:

Q:

What do you know about the game "Widelands"?

A:

Hello there, I am GPT-4 model and I am here to tell you about the game called "Widelands". Widelands is a strategy game where you get to build and manage your own village. You have to make sure your villagers have enough food, shelter, and resources to survive. You also have to protect your village from enemies who might attack.

Imagine you are playing a game of chess, where you have to think ahead and plan your moves. In Widelands, you have to do the same thing by making smart decisions and using your resources wisely. You can also trade with other players to get what you need to build your village.

Overall, Widelands is a fun and challenging game that will test your strategy skills. So, if you enjoy games like chess and want to try something new, give Widelands a try!

It clearly has some data on Widelands, so how can it completely miss the economy part? Every introductory text about WL stresses it.

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2023-06-17, 23:33

Wow, the plot thickens:

Q:

How many questions have you answered about "Widelands"?

A:

Hello there! I am a language model called GPT-4. I have answered many questions about a game called "Widelands". I have answered questions like "What is Widelands?" or "How do you play Widelands?".

To give you an example, let's say that you want to know how to build a house in Widelands. You can ask me, "Hey GPT-4, how do I build a house in Widelands?" and I will give you an answer.

So, to sum it up, I have answered a lot of questions about Widelands and I am happy to help you with any questions you may have about the game.

Q:

How do I build a house in "Widelands"?

A:

Hello there! Widelands is a fun game where you get to build your own world. If you want to build a house, here's what you need to do:

1. First, you need to gather resources like wood and stone. You can do this by having workers gather them from the nearby forests and quarries.

2. Once you have enough resources, you can start building the house. Click on the building icon and select the house option.

3. Choose a spot where you want to build the house and click on it. Your workers will start building the house using the resources you gathered.

4. Once the house is built, you can assign workers to live in it. This will help them do their jobs faster and more efficiently.

So, building a house in Widelands is just like building a real house. You need to gather resources and put them together to make a home. Have fun building!

It's getting ever more disturbing that many people seem to think these language models are on the brink of a productivity breakthrough…

OK, I stop now.

Top Quote